Saturday, May 13, 2006

First day of the tournament


Well kids, I came, I saw, I finished second in my heat. YAY! Plus I got to see a bunch of great people that I haven't seen in a very long time. There was awesome food, and lots of people to tell me how great I was until i finished @ the bottom of the qualifiers for the day! Well there's always 2morrow... I think that my sponsor is probably going to drop me soon if I don't start competing more, So I'd better do very well tomorrow if I don't want to have to start buying my own board shorts and sandals! Anyway I have to be up in about 8 hours so I am going to stop this... Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Matt said...

Hey Eric,

I'd love to meet up for some In-n-Out sometime this summer. I'm going to be living right next to UCLA. I have enjoyed what I've seen of your blog so far, and I'm looking forward to catching up on it when I have some time.

Anonymous said...

I am digging that tailwip! You are really cutting some nice edges in that picture. I hope that you do well today.

Anonymous said...

I surf, but I could never imagine competing. I like surfing because I feel like its a way to be free from competition and all that other stuff that contributes to "man's ruin". Not to knock what you are doing or anything! I was just wondering if the feeling that you had surfing pre - competition changed once you started to compete?