Tuesday, November 06, 2007

chillaxing


I ended up crashing pretty early last night. I was just so beat from all my jetsetting and pants dropping that right after dinner with Brad I passed out on the couch! I woke up this morning refreshed and a lot less psycho than I was the day before. After missing an entire night of working, I decided to keep the momentum going by catching some waves. However when I got out there the ocean was soupy as hell and while it was clear that some of the waves were atleast 6ft, I didn't feel like getting rocked and swallowing half the ocean.

So what's a boy to do when he wants to play hookie all day when his sport of choice isn't a viable option? Some pool riding with a buddy from the dessert of course! While skateboarding is a lame substitute for surfing, there's something about pool skating that's kind of exhilarating. When it was all said and done, I was bleeding profusely from my left elbow and I am pretty sure that my right knee is going to be swollen as hell tomorrow. And I am so happy I went out there because that was more fun than I have had in a very long time! Plus having a swollen knee and a busted elbow are great excuses to stay home and get some work done...

I still have something on my mind that I need to think about, but like I said, I am way less neurotic about it now. Brad's bringing over some Pho, and then we are going to watch some movies before I try and make my second attempt at getting some actual work done. I fly out to my next excursion on Thursday and I want to at least finish the portrait that I have been slaving over for the last 2 weeks and maybe even start the stupid research for my paper. We will see...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That doesn't sound very fun. Bleeding and swollen body parts are not what I would ever consider fun. You are a pretty butch guy aren't you? I think butch guys are totally hot and 9 times out of 10 straight! Are you sure this whole gay thing isn't some kind of phase you are going through? J/P man!

Anonymous said...

That looks and sounds VERY dangerous! Why are the boys from Cali always having more fun than the rest of us?

Trevor said...

Glad to hear you chilled out a little. I knew all you needed was a little down time. Now get some of your shit done before you have another mini freak out!