Friday, March 07, 2008

I got an ouchie!


I do a lot of things that most people would call stupid. Most of the time I don’t think about what I am doing until I am in the middle of doing it and then it’s too late to do anything about it! Like the time I decided to ride my unicycle down a hill with heavy traffic, or that time I jumped into a lake with HUGE sheets of ice all over.

I don’t know if I have that little voice inside my head that’s supposed to tell you, “Hey stop being a dumb ass and calm the hell down before you end up in a wheelchair!” when you are about to do something stupid. What you see me doing in this picture isn’t even a quarter as stupid as what I did yesterday. I honestly don’t know what’s wrong with me! I swear to god I don’t have a death wish, I am just stupid!

A couple of friends of mine (all pro skaters) went for a little road trip to this abandoned lot about 60 miles east of SD. I basically went along to shoot the video, but after awhile I wanted to join in on the action! We went around for about an hour, then somebody got the bright idea to tie a towline to the back of one of the trucks and go for a ride. The last time I attempted this activity, it didn’t turn out so well

Needless to say, I wiped out big time! I didn't really learn my lesson the first 3 falls, but on my fourth attempt I definitely learned my lesson! I got a little bit of a scrape on my face (there was so much blood I couldn't see out of my right eye!). My aunt is a plastic surgeon and she was the first person I went to so she could take a look at my face. She freaked the fuck out and spent the next hour lecturing me on how much time and effort was going to have to go into my face so I won't have a scar. She didn't ask me if I was okay, or if I was in any pain, she was just concerned about the way I look! At least I know where I get my shallowness from.

No comments: