Monday, April 21, 2008

Some clarification



Apparently most of you guys couldn't figure out what special holiday I was celebrating over the weekend. I was trying to be all coy about it, but I also thought I was being pretty obvious with the pic. Going from left to right Tyler is holding up 4 fingers, Farmer Ted 2, and I am showing you guys 0. Now put them together and that will give you 420.

420 is a term used as a discreet way to refer to the consumption of cannabis and, by extension, a way to identify oneself with the drug subculture around cannabis. Marijuana users observe 4:20 as a time to smoke communally. By extension April 20 (4/20) has evolved into a counterculture holiday, where people gather to celebrate and consume weed.

SO basically I spent my weekend getting really high and eating a lot of fast food. I wasn't trying to be cryptic about it because I don't understand the stigma surrounding marijuana. They say it makes you stupid and fat, but I have a degree in engineering and no pot belly to speak of. Not to mention all of my aunts and uncles that also enjoy a good toke and hold advanced degrees in a plethora of subjects (and not a fattie among them). Besides, I would be more ashamed to admit that I smoke tobacco than cannabis.

No comments: