Friday, May 23, 2008

Fun with Grandma!


Bradley and I decided to head up north to spend the weekend with my grandmother. I hate to brag, but I am her favorite out of all her grandkids, and she has no qualms about telling anybody who asks exactly that. She met Bradley a few days before Thanksgiving last year and really liked him, and she asked us to spend the weekend with her for her birthday.

My Grandmother’s actual birthday party is on Sunday, so this is going to be a weekend of grandma cooking the most DELICIOUS meals EVER! This isn’t just my personal opinion; as I have mentioned before, she has an extremely successful restaurant of 30 years that people travel very far to eat at. She didn’t disappoint me at all! She was waiting for Bradley and me with a meal ready for us to eat right when we walked in. I know I have said this a million times, but it’s so integral to who I am so it’s worth repeating… EATING MAKES SOOO ME HAPPY!! I honestly don’t understand how I am not 400lbs.

After dinner granny asked us to hit the grocery store for some food she would need to cook breakfast tomorrow. Bradley and I gladly obliged and went on a mission to our local Trader Joe’s! Unfortunately we got there after it closed, but there was a shopping cart in the parking lot! So the trip wasn’t a complete waste of time... We settled on a big chain grocery store and grabbed everything we needed and headed home just as the rain got started.

I am looking forward to curling up with my boyfriend in the den as my Grandmother brings us massive amounts of food while we are watching TV! I know it’s her birthday weekend and some people think that I should be doing things for her, but it makes her happy to feed me and it makes me happy to let her. So basically me letting her take care of me is how I can help her the most. SERIOUSLY! You have to believe me. This one time I only ate one serving and she almost started crying! The woman loves to watch me eat!

No comments: