Monday, October 27, 2008

A good week



We are staying in a very nice rental right now, and I almost feel bad for the owners, but not enough to stop having fun! One of the guys on the trip is a local and has the hookup for EVERYTHING and knows EVERYBODY so we have kind of been the place to be the last couple nights.

I had an AMAZING session on Saturday where I fucking ripped it! It was so epic people were still talking about it at dinner today. All this nonstop action has really been taking its toll on my injured war torn body, luckily I have my very own hot tub to soak my aching bones and let me tell you guys THIS IS HEAVEN!

The last time I did something like this was a couple years ago. I spent most of my time alone and miserable and when we weren’t surfing I would take off by myself for hours at a time. It all culminated with me having a complete meltdown where I bailed on everybody a few days early and spent the next few weeks sulking like a bitch. I was so lame I was almost completely cut from the final release.

This time is a complete 180 from my last experience. I have confidence in myself and what I am capable of in ways that I didn’t even realize until I was experiencing them. I really couldn’t pick out any one thing in particular that makes me different I just know that its been awhile since I have felt this good about myself. I could definitely get used to this.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was nice to read. I love how content you seem to be with what you are doing. Some commenter a couple posts ago suggested you would be happier once you stop trying to find happiness at work, it looks like you have proven him wrong!

Jason said...

Nothing like positive results when you weren't expecting them dude. Happy to see things are working out well for you because you deserve to have more things in your life to feel good about.

John said...

It always trips me out when a guy like you says he's insecure. If a guy like you can be insecure then what chance does a guy like me have to ever be truly secure!?

Anonymous said...

Those moments when you discover what you are capable of make you feel invincible don't they? Glad to see all is well on your trip things always work out for you in the end though don't they?