Saturday, January 17, 2009

Uncertainty

Bradley took the quarter off. His family is going through something. We weren’t really sure if this was going to happen until last week, but the all of a sudden it was happening, and I had no idea what to do to help him through this.

I don’t know what to say. I feel like all my thoughts and feelings are so selfish right now. When I squeeze his hand I don’t feel better until he squeezes back, when I wrap my arms around him I can’t breath until he does too. I just need to know he’s okay, and when he responds to me it reassures me that he actually has a chance to make it through this. I have never seen him like this. I don’t know what to do.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

All you have to do is be there for him. Just as long as he knows you are there for him it will make things that much easier for him. You are a good man and you are a caring guy, don't second guess yourself with what you are doing. Whatever it is I am sure it's exactly what he needs.

Trevor said...

You are not selfish! You are a good guy and you are dealing with a lot. He might be going through something huge, but so are you. Don't put yourself down for needing reassurance. You are only human and you need support same as him. Don't forget that.