Monday, May 25, 2009

Overwhelmed...

This week has been insane. A lot of different things have required my full attention at the same time and because of that nothing been getting done properly. I am feeling extremely overwhelmed and I am about 5 seconds from imploding under all this crazy pressure, self-imposed or otherwise!

So what’s weighing me down? I don’t even know where to begin! My duties as man of honor have seriously intensified in the final week of planning, I am currently packing up my apartment never to see it again, pre-camp prep has begun, Tyler and I are not getting along (its all my fault!), and my current job has seen a HUGE jump in clients these past couple weeks and I barely even have time to breath at work anymore! There are probably one or two of those grievances I listed above that you guys are going to want me to dwell on, but that’s probably not going to happen. So let’s move on!

Sleep may be a key problem in my failure to function with any efficiency lately. For some reason I just haven’t been able to do it! It doesn’t seem to matter how active I am or how early\late I choose to go to sleep, I can’t seem to stay asleep for more than 5 hours! I feel like a zombie all the time and I am constantly yawning or wearing sunglasses to hide the dark circles under my eyes! I have decided that this is all due to my ridiculously high stress level from the billion things I need to get done in the next two weeks and that awful feeling that not everything is going to get done.

I sound like such a whiny bitch right now that I kind of want to kick my own ass! The worst part of this whole situation is I could probably improve my circumstances tremendously just by swallowing my pride and talking about what’s going on in my head with the people in my life. But for some reason I am finding it impossible to admit to anybody in real life that I am drowning and I really need somebody to jump in and save me! Shit I am starting to make myself cry now so I am going to go and do something else now.

3 comments:

LordNelson said...

Asking for help is hard, but ultimately rewarding. Unfortunately it’s often a case of to stay afloat you need to jettison some pride.

j said...

I bet things are tough. I've read a quite a bit on your blog and I can tell there's a lot of things going on - both good and bad. Like LordNelson said above, you shouldn't be afraid to ask for help.

I think you need to take a day - or a weekend - and just have it to yourself. Do something you really enjoy like surfing all day, and just have it to yourself. Reward yourself for the work you've done, and take a break from the things that are bothering you.

A good break will you do you good. Don't drag yourself to do those billion things you need to do in these short weeks. Take a step back and just relax for a minute. Take a breath once in a while :P

Jonathan.

samadidris said...

ironically, you find yourself in the same place where eddie was.