Thursday, February 04, 2010

It's almost over!

Before I started my current job, my team of programmers had been working on this project for 6 months. In that time they didn't really get a whole lot done because they lacked leadership. They had a leader, but he didn't really have what it took to get things done. So the company decided to bring in a badass who knew how to make shit happen. Today at work I TOTALLY FINISHED THE PROJECT I HAVE BEEN SLAVING OVER FOR THE LAST 3 MONTHS!! And not to brag or anything, but I finished it 2 months ahead of schedule.

They've asked me to stay on with the company permanently, but I politely yet emphatically declined. It really blows being good at everything I try because every time I do a good job with it people assume its my calling! They didn't want me to go, but I didn't want to stay, so we worked out a compromise where I stay and help search for the guy who'll replace me. I'll be honest, the only reason why I didn't just quit immediately was because I didn't trust myself to NOT jump on a plane right that second and fly to Bradley. I need to make it at least 2 months before I jump on a plane or this is just going to be all kinds of unhealthy.

Today I left work while the sun was still out and I went for a run then I took a shower, AND THE SUN WAS STILL OUT! I know I am still chained to this craptastic job that I hate more than life itself, but now that I basically just have to sit around and watch youtube vids all day things are really starting to look up for me. I am completely wired thinking about what I am going to do after this programming shtick is over and done with. I have been getting a buttload of offers from art jobs, to production jobs and a bunch of offers somewhere along that spectrum. No sleep will be had in the house of RGB tonight because my brain is about to explode thinking about all the possibilities.

No comments: