Thursday, May 01, 2008

RGB goes corporate

Tyler and I are trying to figure out if we can clear off our schedules so we can fly to Mrs. Tyler for Mother's Day. The only problem is she's really far away and if we go we want to at least stay a week because the fucking flights are going to be around 17 hours each way! I don't actually have a job at the moment, so clearing off my schedule isn't exactly a problem, but Tyler is a completely different story. In order to make the time to take a week off he has all this stuff he has to finish before he goes. So I have decided to come up to Los Angeles AGAIN! So I can help him get all this extra work done before the 7th so we can enjoy some down time in super cold weather.

I know that I have a degree in engineering, but I really fucking hate Tyler for actually making me use it! Yesterday I had to go into the office with him and he made me wear a fucking suit! ME in a SUIT! I was sooo uncomfortable and I spent the entire day sulking because I was in such a bad mood over what I was wearing. EVERYBODY knows that engineers don't have to wear suits to work, unless they are on the east coast! Here on the west coast we do things a little more casual than our left coast counterparts, but apparently Tyler's firm didn't get that memo.

I feel really bad for all the tailors that have had to put up with my shit this week. I only have one suit and Tyler thought it would be embarassing for me if I wore the same one everyday. Even though I insisted that I didn't care if I wore that nasty thing more than once and people noticed, he wasn't having it and he dragged me all over LA until I had 6 suits to wear. I can't even stand going into a store to buy a t-shirt a pack of underwear, do you guys have any idea how hard it was for me to stand there as a man with a tape measure grazed my nuts as he took my measurements!? OMFG suits are so god damned expensive that for every suit I acquired I was thinking to myself, "I could have gotten myself a new surfboard, a new wetsuit, and a blowjob in WeHo and still had a couple hundred to spare!"

After shopping for a few hours I started to feel pretty ridiculous standing there and complaining about a shirt itching, or the collar being too stiff, or the sleeves being too tight. I felt like a 6 year old throwing mini-tantrums all over, but for some reason I just couldn't stop complaining! I guess that the end result looks alright... I mean looking in the mirror, I don't even recognize myself with my hair all styled with product and my fancy leather shoes all new and clean looking. I guess that I do look good, but still after this week and a half are over I wouldn't mind if there was a freak lightning storm that struck my closet and set all these suits on FIRE!

I just had this funny thought in my head that totally describes my last few days perfectly! There's this show on MTV called, MADE. They take all these kids that are weird little outcasts and transform them into something that is completely outside their comfort area. Every once in awhile they take a girl and they transform her from a tomboy into a proper lady. They make her wear heels and makeup and skirts and halfway through the episode the girl always breaks down into tears and has this HUGE freakout because she can't stand what they are doing to her. I feel like those girls on that show right now!

No comments: